My photo
Oak Harbor, Washington, United States

Friday, July 10, 2009

Almost done...

I finished Wall #4 yesterday! Well...almost. I have about 1 1/2 rows still to do. But it is so nice to see it really shaping up. So for this wall Mrs. Rawls suggested the I do vertical rows. It was a fabulous idea! In the wall, things naturally grow up so they should easily keep their vertical lines.

I did a brief inventory in my mind of what we had and what could go in the wall. A lot of what I was planning to use several weeks ago has now been planted in other places. But that's ok. I was still able to work with what we had. Last year all of the Alyssum that we planted in the Quilted Garden went to seed and we were blessed with an abundance of it this year. It didn't exactly flow with the design so we dug it up and repotted it. It's been a lifesaver! It works very well in the wall and we have plenty. :-)
I have discovered that Thyme is fabulous in the wall! It just grows right up and fills out. It's been amazing to watch how fast things grow in the wall. On Wednesday I planted some Thyme and Petunias. When I went into work on Thursday morning they had already started to grow up! I couldn't believe it! I am looking forward to seeing what it will be like by next week! Also...we have tomatoes growing!

Until next time.... Wall #4

The strawberries almost reach the ground!!!

1 comment: