My photo
Oak Harbor, Washington, United States

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Plant Usage

So today as I worked on the wall I paid special attention to what plants were doing well and which ones were questionable. I thought it would be helpful to list which plants I have planted so far (If I can remember them all!).

*-Doing significantly well from what I can tell so far.

*Lettuce (Many varieties, ask for more info)

Kale-Winterbor

Swiss Chard- Bright Lights, Ruby Red

*Alyssum-wonderland copper, deep purple

African Daisy

* Petunia

Pansy

Parsley- darki, Italian Flat Leaf

Strawberries

Tomato

Iceplant-harlequin

Dianthus- Pinks

Mustard

Chinese Cabbage- Joi Choi

I have planted a lot more I just can't remember what they are. I will update this tomorrow after I pay the wall another visit. :-) And I will continue to update you on which plants thrive.

I think the dirt is mostly settled on the first wall. We have figured out that if we water it in 30 minute increments periodically during the day that it will settle quickly. I am hoping that by this weekend the second wall will be completely ready for planting. After the last catastrophe, I have decided that I would rather wait a little longer than risk the wall's hunger for more parsley. :-) Feel free to comment with any questions or suggestions you may have. This is a learning experience for me and for everyone else.

2 comments: