My photo
Oak Harbor, Washington, United States

Monday, May 25, 2009

What a week!

This week was incredible! So much was accomplished and everyone has been working so hard. First I will comment on new things I have learned about Vertical Garden planting. 1) Planting things while they are small is so much easier! It is much more difficult to stuff a plant into a small hole when it comes out of a 4 in. pot. 2)Don't plant things while they are TOO small. There seems to be a fine line when determining the size to plant. Big enough to hold it's own, but not too big to fit into the hole. There were a few things I planted that died off because they weren't quite to the point to support themselves. Oh well. Live and learn. The second wall I planted seemed to thrive more and I think it might be because the plants were stronger.

I am SO excited to see the difference in the farm comparing this week to last week. Last Monday the guys started laying the Typar for the courtyard and VOILA! It's beautiful! There is now a wonderful, meandering path from the Quilted Garden to the Vertical Garden. There are several different aspects to the Courtyard. 1) The Lavender Display Garden, we planted many different kinds of lavender. 2) the Miniature Garden, this seems to charm every person who views it. It's so easy to see why. It's so cute! 3) The Herb Garden, obviously this is the place for the herbs. Then you reach the Wall! It is truly an amazing experience. I am so glad I am able to be a part of it. I will now take you on a pictoral tour of the gardens at A Knot In Thyme.

View from the Distance


Entrance to the Quilted Garden (The Warm Side) (The Cool Side)


Entrance to the Courtyard

The Lavender Display Garden The Miniature Garden The Herb Garden My newly finished wall Looking back from the Wall.

I hope you enjoyed the tour. If you haven't come out to see it in person, I encourage you to do so. :-) Nothing gives us more joy than to share the peacefulness of the gardens with others.

2 comments:

  1. It is a very peaceful place. I'm glad that I got to come by and see it this weekend. I really appreciated it. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pics look great, Steve and I can't wait to see it in person. You all did a great job!

    ReplyDelete